Friday, October 30, 2009

Hello from Bobby

Bobby says:

"Hello everybody,

Sorry I have been out of touch, I haven't been feeling well. I am feeling a little down, but I had to apply my own message to myself and pick up my head and realize that you know what? I am alive today, life is a gift and it is very precious. To everybody out there who goes through moments of depression or sadness, remember its just a storm that will pass, but you've gotta go through it, you can't just sit there and get wet, you have to do something about it you have to pick yourself up and know that you can go to the mirror and say that you are alive and be thankful for what you have got.

In my life I have seen a lot of friends come and go and I have buried a lot of people, some family. I've lost some of the friends I grew up with, and the fact of the matter is, with everything that is going on with me and everything I have gone through, I am still alive and I know, I know I should be dead. Just remember, no matter how bad something gets, no matter where you are or what is going on at that particular time in your life, you are still alive and there is still time to change or make a change. For me, it came late, but I am not ready to throw in the towel. Not yet. When god decides to take me that' s when I'll go, until then I have a lot to do and I hope and I pray that this message gets out to whoever is hurting inside, for them to know that they are worth something and they are worth living.

I believe we all deserve to be happy and live a good life as long as we do it the right way. As long as we can do it in the right way, and not hurt people or each other, then life will be that much better. But like I said before, life is a gift and you only get one. Take full advantage of it because its the only one you'll ever have.

God bless everybody out there, and thank you."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bobby.

    You and I have been going through a lot of the same things. I have a hickman catheter (permcath) right now, but it's new; my left-side catheter got infected after just 3 dialysis treatments. What a whirlwind trip that was to the hospital - 8 days of infection-fighting-madness! So, anyway, I know how tough it is to feel like you're following the advice of doctors, even when all of their procedures are failing.

    I have been keeping a blog myself to chronicle my (mis)adventures with my kidney health. I think it's probably one of the best things I ever thought of. Writing about these issues, and believing that my friends and family are now reading about them, is keeping me quite sane.

    Feel free to comment or write me anytime. I wish you the best and encourage you to keep hanging in there. It's true what you said: take full advantage of life.

    All the best,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't throw in the towel. I have a feeling it will come flying back.

    ReplyDelete